After you have made the decision to outsource some of your business processes, the next step is to ensure you find the right outsourcing partner, who will look after your interests for you and thus guarantee your success in the future. This is a very important decision to make, because if you choose the wrong company, (who are not experienced, quite simply do not know how to go about this, or have their own agenda set as a higher priority than serving you) then the results could be catastrophic for your company.
Here are some important factors to be considered before choosing a company to outsource with.
– Make sure the organisation you have set your sights on has been on the BPO market long enough to prove its reliability. Check how many employees the company has, are they expanding or shrinking? Where are their operational offices located? and most importantly, what is their experience and history?
– You definitely need to look up what kind of projects the Company has completed in the past. This will give you an overview of what their main focus has been on and if they have done similar projects to the one you are about to outsource to them.
– Surely one of the most important parts of your relationship with your outsourcing partner is maintaining a good level of communication. You need to get along smoothly with the team leaders assigned as your point of contact. They need to interact flawlessly with the team members from your side, as this has huge impact on the overall success of the business relationship. It’s a good idea to request conference calls with all the employees that will be involved, to ensure they are the right fit for you.
– Being able to supply you with solid references is another important factor that your chosen company should be able to provide. Were their clients satisfied with the results accomplished? Are any of them still using the company? Most outsourcing providers have a list of references with variety of clients as well as case studies on their websites.
Technical/ Project Competence
– once you have verified the credentials, it is important to understand whether or not the company has the technical knowledge and project experience to meet your requirements. It is crucial to know what are the processes the company follows and what methodology they are using to track results and resolve issues.
After going through all these steps you should have all that is needed to estimate if the company of your choice is the best fit for you and your business. The best advice you can follow is:
Select experienced professionals, not necessarily a large company. Smaller companies tend to pay more attention to their clients and are more cautious in delivering the best service they can. Start with something smaller and expand as you go, that way you will reduce the risk. Enjoy the outsourcing experience, you will see that it is worth the risk at the end of the day.
For more information about BPO and what ProcessFlows can do for you, please get in touch on +44 (0) 1962 835053, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.