One of the world’s leading engineering and scientific technology companies, with expertise in precision measurement and healthcare. The company supplies products and services used in applications such as jet engine and wind turbine manufacture, through to dentistry and brain surgery.
The Group has over 70 offices in 35 countries. Around 2,600 people are employed within the UK where the company carries out the majority of its research and development and its manufacturing.
- Login details were created manually on request via reception. Reception would have to request a unique guest code from the IT Helpdesk.
- This manual process was affecting the IT helpdesk’s workload and ability to support staff with more pressing IT issues.
- The visitors were impacted as this was a time consuming process.
- Handing out network logins, without expiration of said passcode could compromise the network security and performance.
- The customer had already invested in ClearPass, a network access control application, but needed an SMS solution to maximise the functionality and benefits.
- 123-txt integration into ClearPass Technologies (network services platform)
- Seamless Integration via SMTP
- Local and International SMS for Two Factor Authentication (US, India and Europe)
- 24/7 Helpdesk support
“This customer has resolved a simple but time consuming business problem by using SMS messaging. By integrating our hosted SMS messaging platform 123-txt with ClearPass they have improved visitors’ experiences and removed a manual process (and associated costs). At the same time, this automated process of providing one time passcodes for guest logins has given them increased security and network protection with 2 Factor Authentication.”
Jeanette Fennell, Account Manager