Switching your Managed IT provider can feel like a risky necessity. The good news is that the process of switching service provider doesn’t have to be painful or daunting if you use the right approach.
Your Managed Service Provider (MSP) is one of your most important mechanisms for protecting your IT and data – the backbone & lifeblood of your organisation. If you aren’t happy with the service or support you get from your Managed IT service – then you really should consider switching Service Provider. There are a number of things you should consider before going ahead, so ask yourself these questions first:
- Are you happy with the service levels & the partnership you have with your existing managed IT provider? – if not, what are the specific gaps and your requirements?
- Have you engaged with your existing Managed Service Provider about your concerns and the gaps? Any good Managed Service Provider should respond to this escalations.
- How much does a new alternative managed IT provider cost? And how do they compare to your existing service?
- Will a new managed IT provider resolve your existing struggles? Will it improve the support & protection your business needs?
- How long will switching provider take and will it impact the productivity and continuity of your business?
Here are 6 factors you should consider when choosing your managed IT provider. If you have already made the decision to switch to a new supplier, it is important to follow a structured approach to ensure a smooth transition & minimal risk to your operations.