RightFax v10.5 End of Life
PLEASE NOTE: RightFax version 10.5 will no longer be officially supported as of November 2016, we advise users not using RightFax version 10.6 or above to upgrade. Please contact us for more information.
What’s new in RightFax 10.6?
RightFax 10.6 provides innovative new features, functionality and improvements:
- Increased support and integration with Microsoft products. Customers can upgrade their systems to be assured that RightFax will maintain compatibility with:
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 (RightFax also supports 2007 and 2010) to send and receive faxes through their email client
- Microsoft Exchange Web Services 2010 and 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013, including a new RightFax SharePoint App which makes integrating your RightFax Server with SharePoint easy. (RightFax also supports 2007 and 2010)
- Microsoft Office 2013 (RightFax also supports 2007 and 2010) to send faxes directly from Office applications
- All editions of Windows Server 2012, in addition to Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 R2, providing administrators the flexibility to plan their RightFax and Server OS upgrades independently
- Updated Integrations
- The RightFax SAP Connector is an SAP certified solution and RightFax 10.6 will support SAP versions ECC 6 EP4 and ECC 7
- RightFax now supports IBM WebSphere 7 and 7.5
- RightFax 10.6 has improved support for the newest Xerox, HP, and Konica Minolta Multi-Function Devices
Compliance and Security
- RightFax Encryption Module
- A new licensed module which encrypts all fax images in the RightFax image directory, encrypted with TripleDES 128 bit security. Any and all authorised access is fully audited and tracked. Any and all unauthorised access is denied. Helps organisations achieve compliance with regulations such as PCI-DSS and HIPAA.
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) Compliant
- RightFax 10.6 is now fully compliant with FIPS.
- RightFax Vault
- A new module that provides scalable, efficient fax archiving, designed for RightFax, which allows customers to address compliance, security requirements with the ability to easily and securely retrieve sent or received faxes.
- RightFax Collectives can support up to 12 RightFax Servers to a single Shared Services Collective environment, which can now propagate settings to any or all other member nodes.
- RightFax has always supported silent or unattended installation of our client applications, but with RightFax 10.6 we’ve raised the bar and made it easier than ever before to rollout RightFax to your client workstations by supporting Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- It’s been a best practice for RightFax administrator’s to set the RightFax services to automatically restart upon failure. The installation of RightFax 10.6 removes the need to manually perform this step as we now install our services to automatically restart in the event of a failure. This will minimise any potential downtime a RightFax Server might encounter, as the RightFax Server will now “take care of itself” by automatically restarting stopped services thus fixing a problem before it affects production.
- RightFax 10.6 introduces an updated Web Based Administration client (WebEFM) that is functional on the following web browsers: IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox.
- RightFax is compatible with a new Dialogic SDK for interoperability for T.38 FoIP solutions.
Ease of Administration and Use
- RightFax Admin Dashboard now has the ability to monitor an entire Shared Services collective and associated Remote DocTransports from one location. It also includes a history of channel utilisation over time – 24 hour and 30 day rolling view.
- Admins using Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (MS SCOM) can easily integrate with RightFax Alerting and Monitoring for the purpose of monitoring the health of the RightFax Server, which adds performance counters to RightFax Alerting and Monitoring.
- New Enterprise Fax Reporter reports that gives admins the ability to pull a report on Fax Channel Utilisation over time and by group to help identify channel saturation and bottlenecks.
- RightFax 10.6 now fully supports Microsoft User Access Control (UAC).
- Plus many more improvements!
Download the 10.6 update datasheet:
Need to upgrade? Call us on +44 (0) 1962 835053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Recent Release Updates
OpenText RightFax 10.5 Feature Pack 1
RightFax 10.5 Feature Pack 1 enhancements included:
- Certified RightFax Connector for SAP
- Certified Connector for Konica Minolta and Ricoh MFP’s
- Support for Microsoft Windows 8 OS, Hyper-V Live Migration, Windows 2008 Cluster and Windows 2008 RD Remote Desktop Services
New features in RightFax Version 10.5
Setting the Industry Standard for Speed and Security
New in v10.5, the RightFax Internet Connector marked a significant change in the face of the fax market by offering businesses tangible improvements to the way faxes are transmitted. By providing an internet connection point between two RightFax fax servers, the RightFax Internet Connector enables businesses to:
- Decrease the cost of fax transmission – The RightFax Internet Connector provides a non-telephony route to send faxes to other RightFax users. The fax is routed via the connector to another RightFax Fax Server anywhere in the world, eliminating telephony charges.
- Increase the speed of faxing – Because the fax is transmitted via the RightFax Internet Connector, businesses can now send hundreds of pages exponentially faster than via traditional faxing over the public switched network or PSTN.
- Improve security and privacy – With the RightFax Internet Connector, faxing has never been more secure. Each RightFax fax number used by the RightFax Internet Connector is individually registered and verified, helping to ensure that each number belongs to the intended recipient. Each fax transmission is also encrypted for higher information security and privacy. RightFax is the first solution ever to offer this level of rigor in authenticating fax numbers.
Powerful New Integration Capabilities
OpenText has long been a market leader in providing the most current and extensive set of application and device connectors. RightFax 10.5 expanded on this collection with these updates:
- New interface – A Web Services API is now available to integrate with RightFax for custom applications independent of vendor, platform, and language.
- OpenText eDOCS integration – An OpenText eDOCS connector is now available to support full functionality between OpenText eDOCS 5.3, OpenText’s content management solution for law firms, and RightFax.
- New SAP integration – SAP Connector now includes Unicode support and System Landscape Directory (SLD) registration.
- New MFP integrations – A new personalised, interactive connector is now available for Hewlett-Packard OXPd devices.
Clear, Easy-to-Use Communications
OpenText strives not only to provide its customers with the most innovative and powerful solutions on the market, but is also the easiest to use. While RightFax 10.5 maintained the original faxed image for compliancy and user familiarity, significant enhancements were made to the product’s look and feel, including:
- Image enhancements RightFax now de-skews incoming fax images to help correct their orientation. In addition, images are de-noised to remove scan artifacts and transmission noise.
- Improved user interface The overall look and feel of the RightFax FaxUtil, Web Client, and Enterprise Fax Manager have been redesigned and updated with new icons to provide a fresh look without changing the functionality to which users are accustomed.
Improved Performance and Scalability
RightFax 10.5 offers businesses several enhancements to help improve performance and scalability in any RightFax environment.
- New hierarchical image file storage Each fax images is stored in its own individual subfolder, facilitating consistent server performance over time.
- Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) for outbound faxes RightFax now leverages MSMQ for scheduling and delivering outbound faxes, which efficiently processes high volumes of documents, and allows full scalability and utilisation of RightFax licensed channels.
What was new in Version 10
OpenText RightFax 10 provides a long list of improvements and innovations designed to further help your organisation meet today’s business and IT challenges:
- Efficiency and Productivity
- Business Continuity
- Performance and Security
- Online Access.
Find Faxes Faster with Native Searchable PDFs
Find faxes containing your keywords in the fax image in seconds. A powerful OCR engine converts images to text, turning your faxes into searchable PDFs.
- Search text inside faxes stored in file shares, email attachments and more
- Easily generate searchable PDFs from MFPs and software applications
- Automatically deliver searchable PDFs to users, systems and workflows
Protect with Secure SMTP and Support Off-premise Email
RightFax 10 includes a new SMTP Gateway that offers authenticated, secure, encrypted connections via SSL and TLS.
- Provides an extra layer of protection on top of the secure RightFax platform
- Provides integration with off-premise email solutions, including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Exchange Online, and Google Apps
Expand Survivability with New Branch Office Server
The RightFax 10 Branch Office Server lets branch and field offices keep running if the home office is down or the central WAN fails.
- Pre-configured with FoIP, supports up to 100 users and can be managed remotely
- Run virtually on VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Integrate into Cisco UCS Express platform (ISR G2 SRE Module)
Improve Efficiency with Barcode Routing
Save money by automatically delivering faxes based on barcodes.
- Accurate distortion-resistant support for widely-used barcode formats
- Perfect for forms-processing applications and multi-branch enterprises
Plan for Uptime with Database Mirroring Support
Support for mirrored hot standby Microsoft SQL Server databases with rapid failover.
- Enhance continuity with both standalone RightFax servers and RightFax Shared Services Module collective nodes
Do it all from Email and Office
- Best-ever Outlook 2010 integration with a new, intuitive fax button and user interface
- Lotus Notes 8.5 support with simplified setup and configuration
- Send Microsoft Office 2010 files as faxes from email, FaxUtil, web and any client
Accelerate Installation and Configuration
Universal Activation Service streamlines licensing and makes large-scale deployments easier.
- Eliminates activation codes and unifies all products into a single, easy-to-use online licensing system
- Single SUID for all add-ons, connectors, components and hardware
Advance Continuity with Live Migration Support
Full support for Microsoft Hyper-V Live Migration and VMWare vMotion live migration.
- Perform live migrations with zero downtime, undetectable to the user
- Easily migrate Shared Services Module collective nodes without downtime
Leverage Reduced Pricing for Secure Document Delivery
RightFax SecureDocs Module improves compliance, audit readiness and security with encrypted email and web delivery.
- Send and confirm delivery of any file type (Word, Excel, CAD, etc.) with permanent audit trail
- Works with almost any client, including iPad, BlackBerry, and Linux
Empower Mobility with Web Access
Web Access is now included with every RightFax 10 server.
- Send, receive, route, approve, annotate and more over the web
- New Web Accessibility Client accommodates accessibility needs
For more information you can call us on +44 (0) 1962 835053 or email email@example.com.